Monday, October 18, 2010

Are We Not Men?



"We are DEVO!"

DEVO is coming to play at a venue, relatively close to where I live (about an hour drive). I'm not sure I'm going to go, but it would be pretty cool if I could. Definitely one of my favorite bands, and I've never seen them live.

I was reading their history page (see venue link above), and was surprised to see that one of the band members (Gerald Casale) has worked with the band Rush in the creation of music videos. How's that for a tie-in with the previous post!

The venue look interesting:


View Larger Map

A friend of mine said it's a reasonable size location, but you are right there with the band on the dance floor. That almost makes it worth going. Now where did I put my Energy Dome....

UPDATE:

It appears DEVO has postponed their show, because Bob Mothersbaugh cut his right thumb to the bone with a piece of glass! Ouch!!! I guess the whole tour is on hold.

2 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Oh, I think you should see it. I wish I could go with you.

DewKid said...

Yeah, I wish you could go with me too.

Color Study